Finding a reliable contractor who’s a good fit for your renovation project will ensure that the job gets done to your satisfaction, with less stress and fewer expensive surprises along the way. Home remodeling companies are licensed to coordinate and oversee construction jobs with multiple tasks, such as a complete kitchen remodel or home renovation. While it’s possible to coordinate certain projects yourself, renovation companies tend to come better equipped for handling more ambitious projects, especially those with several dependencies and moving parts. Although some people think the process of finding a trusted home remodeling contractor can be frustrating, it doesn’t have to be! We’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the Top 3 renovation companies in Memphis. These contractors are a great starting point if you’re ready to begin researching potential companies to hire. To make your first consultation go smoothly, we’ve also included some tips on hiring a contractor!
Top 3 Memphis Home Renovation Companies
1. Robbins Construction Phone: (901) 557-8367 | Facebook | Website
Robbins Construction has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2016 and owns an A+ rating. The companies owner has over 17 years of experience in the remodeling industry and has built homes in some of the nicest neighborhoods of Shelby and Fayette counties. Robbins Construction specializes in the renovations of kitchens, bathrooms and outdoor living areas. You can view several pictures of their previous work and even schedule a free consultation by visiting their website!
2. Renovate Memphis Phone: (901) 300-6805 | Facebook | Website
Renovate Memphis advertises themselves as the “experts in Memphis, TN home remodels.” The company has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2019 and currently has an A+ rating. Renovate Memphis can handle all types of remodeling projects, from kitchen and bathrooms to room additions and outdoor living spaces. Read reviews, view pictures of previously completed projects, learn more about financing options, and even schedule a service request through their website!
3. Tim Disalvo & Company Phone: (901) 753-8304 | Facebook | Website
Tim Disalvo & Company is a high quality, multi functional renovation service that has lead some of the best home remodels in Memphis. The company can handle almost any home renovation project you might have, from small to big. Their services include home additions, home renovations, custom pools, bathroom & kitchen renovations, and custom decks. They’ve been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2007 and have an A+ rating. Visit their website to view a portfolio of previously completed jobs, or to contact them and discuss setting up a consultation!
Tips For Hiring a Contractor
1. Do Your Research – Once you begin looking for a general contractor, you will quickly find that there are several available in Memphis and its surrounding areas. Don’t automatically choose the first company you speak with. Instead, browse until you compile a list of potential candidates for the job. Afterwards, begin doing deeper research into each contractor, checking things like reviews, how long they’ve been in business, and if they have had any complaints or legal violations against them.
2. Check Past Work – It can be helpful to see a contractor’s work firsthand. Getting a personal look at past projects allows you to gauge workmanship quality and get an idea of your future job’s outcome. Most reputable remodeling companies proudly display the previous work they’ve done on either their website and Facebook page. If a contractor is hesitant to show you any of their previous work, this should be seen as a red flag.
3. Verify Qualifications – Contractor laws can vary from one state to another, but you should check with the companies you are interested in to make sure they are licensed, bonded and insured. You should also verify the company will be able to handle any potential licensing or building permits that could be needed to complete the job. A trustworthy general contractor will always be able to provide proof of insurance and licenses in the form of certificates. Check the certificates and make sure they are valid and recent. This is important because if an uninsured worker gets hurt on the job or causes property damage to your home then you could be held financially liable for it.
4. Get Multiple Quotes – Having an in-person meeting with potential contractors is important. Doing so allows you to get a feel for their authenticity, professionalism, and conduct. Be sure to discuss the ins and outs of your project when meeting with them. If the contractor is legitimate then they should be able to answer all of your questions effectively and give you a clear understanding of your projects time frame.
5. Carefully Review Contracts – Once you’ve met with multiple contractors and received quotes, you should sit down and carefully review them, along with any contracts you received. Quotes will vary from one company to another, but they should all contain information like contact details, a description of the work to be completed, a description of the location of the job, expected time frame for completion, and a detailed breakdown of expected costs for things such as labor hours and materials.
Home Remodeling Companies in Memphis
Home remodels are exciting for any new or existing homeowner, but it can also be a major headache if you don’t hire the right contractor. Home building projects can be expensive, time-consuming and stressful. You need to choose a company that’s skilled and, most of all, reliable. Always do your research and never be afraid to ask questions. When they reply, listen for the sound of confidence and professionalism in their voice. If you’re searching for a trusted home renovation company in Memphis then consider contacting one or more of the companies listed above. Otherwise, you can also use websites like Google and Yelp.