Maybe your home is beginning to look a bit dated or maybe you just want to change things up. Regardless of why you might want to remodel some things around your house, when major renovations are beyond your budget there are still several do-it-yourself projects that can give your home a whole new look. Best of all, some of them don’t even require DIY skills.
De-cluttering and deep cleaning can freshen up your home without any cost but some of your time. Changing bedspreads, towels, shower curtains, and window treatments are other affordable things that can make a big difference with minimal time. Adding accessories, such as throw pillows and art, can also provide a new look that friends and family are sure to notice. If you’ve got a little bit more time on your hands then consider taking on one of the slightly bigger projects below!
Easy Renovation Projects For Your Home
1. Paint – Adding a fresh coat of paint is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to change the look of your home. This category can also include doing more than just a basic paint job – consider a bold accent wall or wall paper as viable options too. Paint can also refresh doors, cabinets and furniture!
2. Outdoor Spaces – Landscaping your outdoor space is a great investment in your home’s curb appeal. It’s often an overlooked option when it comes to home renovations. Planting trees is great, but there is so much more you can do! Raised garden beds, flowering shrubs, patio stones or a new deck are all affordable options you could consider. Overall, putting some time and effort into your outdoor space can not only enhance the look of your home, but also give you an entirely new space to use and enjoy.
3. Front Entrance – Changing your front door and entrance lighting can dramatically change the entire look of the exterior of your home. Add in a decorative wreath or urn and a floor mat and you might be surprised at what a huge difference it makes.
4. Fixtures – Take a look around and evaluate all of the fixtures that you no longer like, look dated, or are in need of repair. This encompasses light fixtures, door hardware and faucets. Changing any or all of those fixtures will give an instant update to the look of your home.
5. Kitchen – If a major kitchen renovation isn’t possible, there is still plenty you can do to upgrade one of the most used areas in your home. Changing or adding a backsplash, replacing counter tops and updating the flooring will all make your kitchen look and feel almost brand new. These easy renovation projects are the next best thing to a full custom remodel and can make you love your kitchen space again.
Remodeling your home can increase its value and make it more enjoyable. Along with that, these types of projects can be fun and exciting while bringing friends or couples closer together. Just remember, you don’t want to start something that you won’t be able to finish. Always consider everything that will be required (time, money..etc) before you start remodeling. The projects listed above are all relatively simple and don’t require the most experienced contractor, so assuming you set aside enough time and a little extra money, you should be able to complete any of them at home yourself.